The goal of Access Voluntarism is to enable individuals with disabilities to volunteer in the community.
Over 125 individuals volunteer at approximately 45 community agencies. 17,000 hours of volunteer service are contributed to the local London community each year!
Get Started! Call 519-472-1541 x226 or x 239. Once you have attended Volunteer Readiness Training, you will be put on a placement list until an appropriate volunteer position is found.
• Build new skills
• Increase self-confidence
• Improve communication skills
• Socialize and meet new friends
• Prepare for employment
Where People Volunteer
• London Public Library (10 different branches)
• Nursing Homes
• Daycare & Early Years Centres
• Elementary Schools
• Storybook Gardens
• Victorian Order of Nurses (VON)
• Hospice of London
• Middlesex London Health Unit
• Local Foodbanks
and many more!
How We Help
Hutton House will help you:
• find a placement based on your skills and interests.
• assist with training specific for the position.
• provide short or long term support at your placement.
Volunteer Readiness Training
All volunteers are required to complete this training before they are matched with an organization.
Training topics include:
• Being a good volunteer
• Being part of a team
• How to look your best
• Interview skills
• Job responsibilities
• Making a good first impression
Building Community Partnerships
Access Voluntarism helps community organizations gain committed and talented volunteers and plays a fundamental role in building a community where everyone can participate and contribute.
Access Voluntarism staff:
• Meet with agencies to discuss their services and needs.
• Work with agency staff to develop a job description of responsibilities.
• Match the organization with a volunteer who meets their requirements.
• Provide training to the volunteer to learn the job.
• Provide support to the volunteer as long as needed.
• Evaluate and follow up on a regular basis.
Access Voluntarism provides a program that is mutually rewarding and beneficial to community organizations and volunteers.
The Access Voluntarism program is supported by:
Ministry of Community and Social Services
Hutton House Foundation