The goal of LIFEworks 2 is to promote independence and personal growth in a fun environment that gives individuals the tools needed to participate in the community.
There is an emphasis on:
- Values such as tolerance, trust, caring and sharing
- Daily living skills such as writing, cooking, social & communication skills
- Community activities such as monthly movie trips, apple picking, and attending Remembrance Day Ceremonies.
You will learn:
- How to live a healthy lifestyle
- Skills to live safely and independently
- Communication and relationship skills
- How to look your best
- Personal skills
- Leisure skills
LIFEworks 2 runs every Tuesday and Thursday from 9:00 am to 3:30 pm throughout the year. The program is limited to 12 individuals.
You must be at least 18 years of age, live with your family, no longer attend school and able to participate in a small group setting.
You need to bring your own lunch and be responsible for your own transportation to and from Hutton House.
There is a monthly participation fee of $150.00. By request, special arrangements may be made for individuals who are unable to afford the fee.
- Cooking and nutrition
- Physical activities such as sports, walking and fitness
- Organizing your time
- Attending community events and celebrations
- Learning about other cultures
- Money management
- Learning about your community
- Personal safety
- Looking good
At the beginning of each month, a calendar of monthly activities is developed by staff and participants.
There is always a waiting list. When a space is available, the LIFEworks 2 staff will meet with you and your family to discuss interests, needs and goals.
Before acceptance into LIFEworks 2 there is a 6 week trial period to ensure:
- the program meets your needs
- that you will benefit from the activities
- there is a good match between you and those already in the program
- that the program can be offered in a safe manner considering everyone’s needs, space and number of staff in the program
After the trial period, a meeting will be held with you and your family to discuss if the placement should continue.
Working with you and your family, staff develop a yearly plan to help you reach your goals. It is updated every year.
A Progress Report is prepared by staff to provide you and your family with information about what you have been doing, your accomplishments and any challenges. It is provided to your parents or caregiver two weeks before the yearly Service Agreement review.
Call 519-472-6381 x229 for more information.
** Please note there is currently a waiting list for this program.
The LIFEworks 2 program is supported by:
Ministry of Community and Social Services