The Hutton House philosophy is one of support, inclusion and a view toward participants and their families that:
- Fosters a climate of understanding and respect for the privacy, dignity and worth of each person.
- Respects and encourages personal choice and self direction.
- Strives to support individuals by building on their strengths, abilities and interests.
- Promotes independence and involvement in the community.
- We value inclusion and full participation in community life and will support and encourage individuals as they grow in their lives.
- We value the opportunity to collaborate and cooperate with other organizations to make the best use of community resources.
- We value excellence through competent staff and volunteers committed to high quality services and through accountability to the public and those we serve.
- We value innovation through the creative application of our resources in responding to current and emerging needs.
- We will practice clear, open and honest communication.
- We will promote an environment where people feel safe, in control, comfortable and important.
- We will consider the needs of others and work together to achieve goals that cannot be reached alone.
- We will encourage participants to be actively engaged in directing their future.
- We will facilitate outcomes based learning as a means to achieve our Mission.